First experiments with using wheat malt but brewing this with mead yeast because why not?
- 500g pilsner malt
- 500g wheat malt
- 1g Willamette @ 50 minutes
- 1g Willamette @ 40 minutes
- 1g Willamette @ 30 minutes
- 1g Willamette @ 20 minutes
- 1g Willamette @ 10 minutes
- 5g Willamette dry hop
- Mash at 70C for 1 hour
- Batch sparge with water 70-75C
- Bring to boil and leave for 1 hour
Tasting 6 /10
Has a beautiful hazy golden color. Starts off a bit yeasty but that fades quickly. Almost no lingering bitterness and there’s a slight tangy flavour but there’s just too something that seems wrong
- 2017-01-10 - The brew bubbled straight through the airlock. Surprised considering how little sugar was involved but I guess the mead yeast is just a beast.