A bit of a random beer to get back into it. Going to try putting rice in the beer to see how that goes.
- Maris otter 900g
- White rice 200g
- Mash at 70C for 1 hour
- Batch sparge with water 70-75C
- 6g Mosaic at 10 minute intervals starting at 50 minutes
- 5g Galaxy dry hop
- Forgot to split my water out. Going to try to use the mash water as sparge. Could even work better than what I normally do.
- Decided to try putting a single hop in at 10 minute intervals to hopefully get a more rounded hop flavour
- Smooth sailing with the bottling. The rice seemed to give it a slight sweetness that I didn’t expect but I didn’t have much leftover to taste so it’s hard to say how it’s going to be in a few weeks
Tasting 6.5 /10
Smells citrusy and yeasty, the yeasty smell probably being the biggest let down. Has a sweet and very mild taste. A very refreshing and easy drinking beer. Also it just look beautiful.
- [07-11-2016] Added dry hops